It’s summertime , and clearly it’s too damn hot to be toiling over the stove or oven all day.. The perfect remedy for the girl on the go , or the homemaker who also happens to hold down a full time job.. coupled with a hungry family ; A CROCK POT.. ( hears angels sing) …. The Crock Pot has been the key for me , my mama , her mama , yo mama etc, they have all utilized this amazing piece of culinary PLUG IN wizardry for beans and greens while they sleep in. It makes Oxtails and Beef rib tips just slide off the bone. Nothing can compare to the free feeling of simply tossing some seasonings, veggies, and meat of choice .. ( or not) into that big ole pot , simmer it on low and carry on with the day ( or take your ass to sleep) . It works for Sunday dinners and those quick weekday dinners after work , when you are too tired to look at a pot and too HUNGRY to stand for 30 minutes cooking ANYTHING.. Cook while you work or twerk .. but just let it sim simmahh by itself for a few hours.. During the summer we will be hooking you guys up with all kinds of Crock Pot ideas. We cater to the comfortable stoner here . we need breaks and we also like food HA!! The wonderful people over at The CrockPot Gourmet have prepared a delicious Coconut Lime Crock Pot Chicken that is truly divine.. just pair it up with a quick salad and there you have it .. Dinner is served !!!
Recipe is on the next page..
Crockpot Coconut Lime chicken
- 3 pounds chicken ( bone in, skin on , 1 mixed thigh and drumsticks)
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk or lite coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flake
- Place chicken in crock pot
- in a mixing bowl whisk the remaining ingredients
- Pour over chicken
- Cook and cover on high for 3-4 hrs or low 6-8 hrs
- Optional ( but recommended) place cooked chicken in foil lined broiler pan and broil for 3-8 minutes. Keep your eye on it and take it out as it starts to brown up to YOUR LIKING. i like my dark meat crispy ..
thanks to the cool people over at CrockPotGourmet.Net we will be featuring recipes from them on our blog often.. ENJOY THE MEAL.. and roll up !!!