well one thing is for sure.. now that I am nestled all comfy like in Seattle , I see that it is rather chilly round these parts. liquor and spirits can certainly knock the chill off.. and what better spice to do it with than good ole CINNAMON.. . i had never laid my eyes upon A CINNAMON INFUSED TEQUILA. prior to coming down to the Northwest. . but dangit.. look at what I found mulling about the grocery store.. JOSE CUERVO .. Cinnamon Especial..
This special edition Tequila doesn’t seem to be available everywhere nationally , but here is a place you can order it online.. I haven’t tasted it yet but I WILL darn sure let you know when I do .. I did find daring drink recipe that could call for this new cinnamon delight.. Check it out.. and let us now how right this cinnamon Jose Cuervo .. got YOU.. LOL..
Jose Cuervo Cinge is a blend of Jose Cuervo Especial Tequila and an infusion of the finest cinnamon & other natural flavors. Perfect for a spicy and fiery shot of cinnamon and citrusy blanco tequila.http://lukasliquorstl.com/2013/09/19/jose-cuervo-cinge-cinnamon-infused-tequila/
Difficulty: Easy | Total Time: Under 5 mins | Makes: 1 drink
Here is a recipe for the Rosa Mexicano… it requires cinnamon syrup .. so I feel like if you bring in this Jose Cuervo Cinnamon you may be able to skip a step.. LOL..
Rosa Mexicano’s perfectly balanced La Pinela cocktail is made with pineapple juice, cinnamon syrup, lime juice, and tequila.
What to buy: Licor 43 Cuarenta y Tres is a Spanish liqueur with great spiced notes and a vanilla flavor that’s often served on the rocks. It can be found at high-end liquor stores and online. also.. YOU CAN BUY THE JOSE CUERVO CINNAMON..
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Lime wedge, for rimming the glass
- 1 1/2 ounces silver (blanco), 100 percent agave tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces naturally sweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce Licor 43
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Cinnamon Syrup
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Rim a glass with the lime wedge, then coat the outside rim of the glass with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, add the remaining ingredients, and shake until the shaker is frosty, about 20 to 30 seconds. Strain into the glass.
recipe courtesy of http://www.chow.com/recipes/11040-la-pinela